Eating lunch on the run can be a challenge! But these healthy THM lunch ideas are perfect for school lunches, the work day, or any time you need ideas for a healthy packed lunch! No refrigeration is necessary for most of these THM lunch ideas!
These lunch ideas were compiled with the Trim Healthy Mama (or kid or husband) in mind, but they work with lots of other healthy eating plans. Curious about THM? Check out my story of losing the baby weight with THM here!
Wanna eat healthy with THM and stick to your budget? Check out these super easy tips!
These THM lunch ideas are perfect for school lunches, sending to work with a hungry husband, or when you’re on the go all day and you want to bring something healthy along.
Because they can be used for kids, please consider combining from both the S and E list to make crossovers. These are also perfect for pregnant or nursing mamas or to keep a hungry husband full!
You want your kids to eat healthy, too! These pack-able THM lunch ideas have lots of kid appeal with very few “weird” or special ingredients.
Healthy Lunch Box Essentials
Healthy Packed Lunch Containers:
If you’re using these THM lunch ideas for your school age kiddos, seasoned moms recommend using containers that don’t break easily. It may be best to wait until your child is in third grade or older.
These are a few of our favorite lunch box containers to keep food fresh and not squished:
- Bentogo Kids Lunchbox (pictured above)- Love the little compartments and built-in spot for dips or sauces!
- Rubbermaid Lunchblox Kids Lunch box container– Comes with an ice pack that fits right in!
- Sistema Lunch Containers- We have been using these for years and love ’em! We like the sandwich cube and the salad one!
As a holistic healthcare provider, I urge you to use a glass container for anything that is going to be reheated in the microwave (and reheating in the microwave is a whole ‘nother issue… but I’m gonna leave that one alone for today). Reheating plastic can release BPA and phthalates, chemicals sometimes used to make plastic containers. These chemicals can act as endocrine disruptors, which can alter the normal workings of your thyroid gland, adrenals, etc.
Healthy Packed Lunch Placemats:
Send a cloth napkin to spread out over germ-y tables to keep finger foods off the table. send a cloth napkin for them to spread out to cover the table, they can set all their food out on it, not the germ-y table.
If you’re traveling with your kiddos, these are our favorite placemat/plate combos! They make life with littles so much easier!
THM Lunch Ideas:
For Any Fuel:
- Leftovers– great if you have access to a microwave!
- Freeze a smoothie.- The smoothie will defrost throughout the morning. It should be ready to drink by lunch time, and it works as an ice pack for the other foods in the lunchbox!
- Lunch Platter 3 Ways- S, E, or FP
Low Carb Lunches (THM S, Keto-Friendly)
- Sandwich on a low carb wrap, pita, or lavash bread- you can do pb and j, deli meats and cheese
- Sandwich with romaine lettuce as the “bread”
- Meat and cheese “roll ups”
- Make your own “lunchables” with crackers made out of Lavash bread or Flackers (flax seed crackers), meat, and cheese
- Low carb bagel with cream cheese
- Mason Jar Salads
- Low Carb Hot Pockets– What?!?! Healthy Hot Pockets?! Sign me and my kiddos up!!!
- BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza– We are super addicted to this delicious, sugar-free BBQ recipe!
- celery with peanut butter
- Sargento cheese crackers- Use the Ultra Thin cheese, break slices into bite-size pieces and put on parchment paper on a plate, microwave for 1 minute, let rest in microwave for 1 minute, let cool, and store in air tight container
- Greek yogurt and low carb granola
- beef jerky
- moon cheese
- pecan praline protein bars (THM cookbook)
- Muddy Buddy Trail Mix
- Ranch dressing and non-starchy veggies
- pork rinds
- Lavash chips with pepperoni and cheese
- hard boiled eggs
- chai pud (THM cookbook)
- THM Cuffins- chocolate cuffins or cinnamon cuffins
- trail mix with cut up 85% dark chocolate and nuts/seeds
Low Fat Lunches (THM E)
- Wasa crackers with tuna or chicken salad (made with Greek yogurt instead of mayo)
- Sprouted bread sandwich- top with lean deli meat, chicken salad, or tuna salad
- Mason Jar Salads
- Breakfast for Lunch– Oatmeal on the Go Cups (from Trim Healthy Table), Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- BAM cake (THM Cookbook)
- Wasa crackers and Light Laughing Cow cheese (LLC)
- Apple with 1 tsp peanut butter or generous amount of Peanut Butter Junkie (Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook)
- No-sugar-added applesauce
- 000 Greek yogurt and stovetop crunch granola (Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook)
- sprouted pretzels
- low fat popcorn
- baked Tositos and salsa
Fuel Pull Options:
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Salad
- dill pickles
- pickled okra
- string cheese
- Make your own gummies (THM Cookbook)
- frozen cottage berry whip (defrosts in a couple of hours while waiting for lunch)
- freeze dried berries
- peppers and LLC cheese
What are your favorite go to THM lunch ideas?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Resources That I Love
…for a healthy body, soul, and bank account:
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
- Stay On Plan with THM and Supercharge Your Weight Loss Goals- Staying on plan and losing weight just got a TON easier with this amazing health and wellness planner! As a holistic healthcare provider and 4 year THM vet, I’ve seen how my patients crush their health and weight loss goals when they have the right tools. Grab yours HERE!
- Get Healthy, On Plan Foods for Less- Thrive Market is like the online Costco for healthy groceries, and you can even get healthy meat and seafood! We love saving money with wholesale prices on healthy groceries and products that get sent right to our home! Get an extra 25% OFF your first order when you sign up at Thrive Market HERE!