Yay! My One Week THM Fuel Cycle is over!
I’m really glad that I did it… but I’m also really glad that it’s done! 😉
I chose to do a Fuel Cycle for just one week, but if you’d like, you can continue on and repeat it for a second week. I’ve really been missing my E meals, so one week is long enough for me.
And for just one week, I wasn’t expecting huge results. I’m shocked at how well it went!
My complete menu for the week is at the bottom of this post. 🙂
Wanna save this for later? Pin it here!
My One Week Fuel Cycle Results
Ending weight: 138.0 pounds
Waist circumference- 33″
I lost 2.6 pounds and 1 inch off my waist!! Wow! Did not expect that!
I also measured my hips and thighs (I’m a pear-shaped girl, so that’s where I carry a lot of my weight), and I lost 1 inch off my hips, and 0.75 inches of each thigh! YAY!
So, I lost a total of 3.5 inches in just a week! I’m just 3-5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, and it’s been 2 years since I’ve seen that number on the scale. I didn’t do before and after pictures cuz that seemed silly for just one week! Now I’m kinda wishing that I did!
And that’s made a big difference in my clothes, too.
Two weeks ago, I had a rough moment while getting ready for church. I couldn’t find anything to wear that fit well. Last summer, I was a few months postpartum, and none of my old clothes fit so I bought a bunch of larger clothes. This summer, thankfully those new clothes are too big, but my old clothes are still a size or two too small.
Two weeks ago, it took me 30 minutes and quite a few tears to find something that I felt comfortable in to wear to church.
This Sunday, I slipped into a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans that I haven’t been able to wear for 2 years! Woot woot!! I’ve also been able to wear some of my old shorts.
My parents stopped by in the middle of the week. We hadn’t seen each other in a month, and my mom mentioned that my legs looked like they used to again. Yay! <3
Keeping the Momentum Going
Clearly, it took some drastic changes to my diet to get these results. Before this THM Fuel Cycle, the scale wasn’t really moving for me (maybe 1 pound a month but lots of weeks with no change at all).
As a physician assistant, the healthcare provider part of my brain wonders if some of this weight loss that occurred in just one week is from water weight or if I went too low in calories some days. It also makes me suspect things like food sensitivities, especially with dairy. I had been relying on dairy and heavy S meals, so it was a good experiment to remove them for a week.
So, I’m hoping that I get to keep this weight loss! I was SO hungry this week at times. I’d like to think it’s my metabolism waking up and revving up, but we’ll see!
I think I have been doing a lot of accidental crossovers. I get busy with my kiddos and don’t always pay attention to the time, so I often unintentionally have crossovers. Moving forward, I need to get back to using my Daily Planner to keep track of it better.
If you’re doing a THM Fuel Cycle, take notes!!! This was the first THM Fuel Cycle where I wrote things down, and it has been so helpful! I realized that I feel better when I eat E meals (not a surprise, and this shows me that I’m still healing my adrenals from my recent health struggles last fall with PPD and PTSD).
Here’s some tweaks that I’d like to make to my THM journey moving forward:
- Enjoy 1 Deep S breakfast, lunch, and dinner each week- I really enjoy the simple fatty goodness of a Deep S meal (I was afraid of giving up my ranch dressing– but it turns out that I love olive oil and vinegar and spices on a salad!)
- Include 1 FP breakfast and lunch each week- I’m always afraid that FPs will leave me hungry, but I think intentionally including some every week will help
- Have at least 2 Fuel Pull snacks every week
- Write down when I eat and have some FP snacks prepared to stop accidental crossovers
- Limit dairy to see if that played a role in my weight loss stalls this year
- Be sure to include at least 1-2 E meals a day (considering doing 1 E day every week); E’s are budget-friendly, usually lighter in calories, and I feel better when I have healthy carbs
- Less Frankenfoods- lately, I’ve been having a lot of HaloTop ice cream because I’ve been getting it on sale (plus free cash back with Ibotta). I need more Tummy Tucking Ice Cream and less HaloTop.
THM Fuel Cycle Menu Plans
Would it be helpful for you to see some THM Fuel Cycle Meal Plans?
I did a Frugal Fuel Cycle, which meant “shopping” in my pantry and freezer. I already had some specialty ingredients; I tend to ration those out, and a fuel cycle was a good time to use some of them since you’re more limited in your diet. I did buy one special item to make this week easier– konjac noodles for a stirfry– totally worth it!
If you want to do a Frugal Fuel Cycle, too, please feel free to switch out the recipes listed for one that fits your budget.
You can even create your own Fuel Cycle. Here’s a blog post that lists 8 other THM Fuel Cycle menu plans. You can read through them, pick your favorite meals from each day, and put together your own customized plan!
If it’s easier to use a pretty, one page, printable menu, I put 2 Fuel Cycle Menus in my THM-friendly Library. Sign up for my newsletter to get the password (and other THM tips and encouragement). Both menus are similar, but one menu is dairy and gluten free.
Here’s the Menu that I followed. It’s mostly dairy free (you may wish to use ghee instead of butter with recipes below if dairy free). I did use special ingredients that I already had in my pantry.
If you’re looking to save on special ingredients, I often use Amazon gift cards earned free from Swagbucks to purchase a few of the specialty items.
Click on each day to get all of the recipes and notes:
- Breakfast- scrambled eggs over non-starchy veggies, bacon, Trimmy Rich
- Snack- Hot Custard
- Lunch- salad with tilapia, Faux-Onion Soup
- Snack- Creamy Vanilla Custard Shake
- Dinner- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken, Company Cauliflower, bacon green beans
- Dessert- Skinny Chocolate or Skinny PB Treat
- Breakfast- scrambled eggs over non-starchy veggies, sausage, Trimmy Rich
- Snack- coffee with collagen and caramel extract, leftover Skinny PB Treat
- Lunch- salad with steak, leftover Faux-Onion Soup Mini Recipe, Lemon, Pucker Gummies
- Snack- leftover steak, peppers, Skinny Lemonade Mini Recipe, Buttermints
- Dinner- pork loin, Mashed Faux-tatoes, Green Fries
- Dessert- Skinny Toffee
- Breakfast- oatmeal with collagen and berries, 1 slice sprouted toast, Trimmy
- Snack- Lemon Pucker Gummies, carrots, unsweetened peach oolong iced tea
- Lunch- Bean Boss Soup, salad with chicken breast
- Snack- Blueberry Kefir Smoothie, cucumber, Raspberry Lemonade
- Dinner- baked tilapia, 1 medium sweet potato with cinnamon, roasted squash and zucchini
- Dessert- Healthy Peach Crisp
- Breakfast- egg white French toast, peach slices, Trimmy
- Snack- 2 cups Bone Broth, cucumber, 3-4 Wasa crackers
- Lunch- large E salad with chicken breast, 2-4 Wasa crackers, Lemon Pucker gummies, berries
- Snack- leftover Bean Boss Soup, add 1/4 cup cooked brown rice, carrots
- Dinner- Ranch Hand Taco Salad
- Dessert- Simple Strawberry Smoothie, 1 slice sprouted toast with cinnamon, sweetener, and a smear of butter
- Breakfast- 3 egg whites, spices, non-starchy veggies, 1 Wasa cracker, Trimmy
- Snack- Salted Caramel Gluccie Pudding
- Lunch- 1-2 bowls FP version of Trim Train Taco Soup
- Snack- 2 cups Bone Broth, 1 cucumber, 1-2 Wasa crackers
- Dinner- Sweet Lime Taco Joes in lettuce boats, side salad
- Dessert- Tummy Tucking Ice Cream
- Breakfast- 3 egg whites, spices, non-starchy veggies, 1 Wasa cracker, coffee with FP Creamer
- Snack- 2 cups Bone Broth, 1 cucumber, 1 Wasa cracker
- Lunch- large FP salad with 4 oz. chicken breast and veggies, Lemon Pucker Gummies
- Snack- Collagen Berry Whip
- Dinner- Sweet and Spicy Asian Stir Fry with konjac noodles
- Dessert- Tummy Tucking Ice Cream with 2-3 strawberries added
- Breakfast- 3 eggs, sauted spinach, bacon, Trimmy Rich
- Snack- chicken leg and a cucumber
- Lunch- large salad with non-starchy veggies and chicken; 3 Buttermints
- Snack- Wonder Wrap with dark meat and lettuce; 1-2 cups bone broth
- Dinner- bunless burger topped with bacon and wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves; Green Fries; Company Cauliflower
- Dessert- Skinny Peanut Butter Treat
Thanks so much for hanging out with me for this THM Fuel Cycle! Have you ever done a fuel cycle? What were your weight loss or other results? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
All the posts from Fuel Cycle Week:
- Day 1- Deep S
- Day 2- Deep S
- Day 3- E Fuel
- Day 4- E Fuel
- Day 5- Fuel Pull
- Day 6- Fuel Pull
- Day 7- Deep S
- Fuel Cycle Results!
Sharing is caring! If this post has been helpful for you, please click HERE or on the image below to share it on Pinterest! Thanks!