Seriously… this is the BEST low carb pizza recipe! If I close my eyes while eating it, it’s just like a mouthful of NYC-style pizza– the stuff that I grew up eating! And it’s all wrapped up in a great, big, delicious THM S! Mmhmmm!
I discovered this during a season when I was cooking everything from scratch and I had just acquired a basil plant. You don’t have to use fresh basil on top, but it really takes the flavors over the top.
There’s little more work involved in this recipe than when I make sprouted pizza dough in the bread machine (my whole process is in this budget-friendly THM post) but totally worth it. You can always do the dishes while the crust is cooking in the oven!
New to THM and curious what it’s all about? Check out more and see my story of losing 20 pounds in 4 months while nursing my baby!
This recipe actually got the hubby’s stamp of approval, which does not come lightly. Also, this elusive stamp has not been given to any other on-plan S pizza crust, and we have tried quite a few! Fathead, chicken crust, almond flour, and so on and so forth…
This one wins!! (even with a full serving of cauliflower in the crust)
We hope that your family enjoys it as much as ours does, but be warned– you might have to make twice as much as you think you need because it’s going to get devoured. It’s that good!
Want to save this recipe for later? Click HERE or on the image below to save it to your favorite Pinterest board!
The Best Low Carb Pizza Crust
16 ounces frozen cauliflower, defrosted
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp coconut flour
3 oz fresh mozzarella, melted in microwave for 30 seconds and water drained off
- Pulse cauliflower in food processor until it’s in rice-sized pieces.
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water, bring to a boil, and add cauliflower. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Line a colander with a tea towel, pour cooked cauliflower into it. Let drain while you place the rest of ingredients in a large bowl. Use tea towel to wring out excessive water from cauliflower.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl with other crust ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper, then press crust into pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Crust Recipe Note: Recently, I used a steamer bag of cauliflower (they’re like $0.99 at Walmart so I always have some on hand), cooked it in the microwave, then ran it through the food processor and drained it. It came out beautifully and felt like I saved some time and mess. Also, the crust looks lumpy– don’t worry! It’ll be totally fine!
While pizza’s cooking, make bacon for topping and tomato sauce.
Place 1-2 strips bacon in a parchment-lined pan and bake with pizza crust in the oven for 10-15 minutes until crisp. (you don’t have to use parchment paper but it makes clean-up easier!)
Best Pizza Sauce EVER:
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning, garlic, and onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2-3 dashes mineral salt
1/8-1/4 tsp gluccie
Add all ingredients to food processor (no need to wash from the cauliflower) and blend thoroughly, then add to your cauliflower pot, Mix well and simmer over low heat while pizza cooks.
To Make Pizza:
Top baked crust with small amount of sauce (freeze the rest for your next pizza night), cheese, bacon, other desired toppings, and fresh basil. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese melts, then broil on high for 2-3 minutes until cheese bubbles.
Enjoy! This made a pizza that served the two of us and our toddler, and we could even pick it up with our hands and eat it! Delish!
My Favorite THM-Friendly Resources
- Struggle to Stay On Plan?- Check out this easy way that I stay on plan with Trim Healthy Mama every day! I struggled to stay on plan for almost 3 years, and this easy thing changed everything!
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
- Get Healthy Foods for Less- Thrive Market is like the online Costco for healthy groceries, and they even have healthy meat and seafood! We love saving money with wholesale prices on healthy groceries and products that get sent right to our home! Get an extra 25% OFF your first order when you sign up at Thrive Market HERE!
Sharing is caring! If this post has been helpful for you, please click HERE or on the image below to share it on Pinterest! Thanks!