Sugar free, healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookies are perfect for a tasty, healthy treat any time of year! And the little pop of white chocolate chips add a yummy, creamy burst of additional flavor.
My kiddos love these pumpkin oatmeal cookies, and I love that they’re full of healthy oats, pumpkin, and sugar-free!
They make an amazing breakfast paired with a big glass of vanilla protein milk. You can make simple vanilla protein milk with a scoop of Whey Protein, stevia, a dash of vanilla, and 10 ounces of unsweetened almond milk.
Best of all, if you’re following the Trim Healthy Mama diet like I am, it’s a THM E recipe. So it’s prefect for a dessert after an E meal or just having sugar free cookies and milk for breakfast!
It’s a great way to start a fall morning, or any time of year.
Curious about THM? Check out details on getting started plus my story of losing 20 pounds of baby weight in just 4 months while nursing!
Inspiration for Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
My 4 year old daughter and I love these simple and speedy Banana Bread Bites from the Simple Veganista. They’re an amazing way to use up brown, spotty bananas, and my daughter loves that I let her eat cookies for breakfast.
The other day, on one cool, crisp autumn morning, it hit me that I could create a similar treat but with a fall twist… because fall means all things pumpkin in this house.
And these sugar free pumpkin oatmeal cookies were born!
Chocolate Chips For Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
Personally, I love white chocolate and pumpkin together. The creamy little pops of white chocolate chips sprinkled throughout these cookies are why I make them.
If you’re one of the lucky ones who can find Bake Believe white chocolate chips at your local Walmart, I recommend using them in this recipe. They’re kind to your blood sugar while adding yummy sweetness.
But, if you prefer dark chocolate over white, please feel free to make these pumpkin oatmeal cookies with some dark chocolate chips.
To make them even more budget friendly, you can cut up a bar of dark chocolate into chip-size pieces. You only need a square or two of dark chocolate for this recipe.
Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
I love incorporating pumpkin into anything I can because pumpkin is a great vegetable!
It’s packed with antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin A. It’s also great for weight loss because it’s full of nutrients but low in calories.
Oats are great for your health, too. They’re full of fiber to keep you full, and they can help promote healthy cholesterol levels.
Want another delicious pumpkin oatmeal recipe? Check out this yummy Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal.
Sweetener Options for Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
When I know that I’m going to feed the majority of these cookies to my growing kids, I tend to use coconut sugar as the sweetener. It adds a lovely, brown-sugar flavor while still having a lower glycemic index than honey or refined sugar.
If your family prefers a different sweetener, please feel free to adjust the recipe to your dietary preferences.
Looking for more yummy, healthy recipes? Join my newsletter and get an easy, delicious one week menu that can also help you lose weight!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1-2 Tbl Bake Believe White Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 cup Pyure (or 1/4 c coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Combine ingredients in large bowl. Stir until well combined.
Scoop out by rounded tablespoon. Place spoonful of dough in hands and work into a ball to ensure that ingredients are well incorporated, then place on cookie sheet and flatten.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Resources That I Love
…to help you be healthy naturally:
- Supercharge Your Weight Loss- Need a little extra “oomph” to help you stay on plan? Several of my friends recently introduced me to HealthyWage. If you’re losing weight well with THM or if financial rewards motivate you to stay on track, then HealthyWage is perfect for you!
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
- Get Healthy Foods for Less- Thrive Market is like the online Costco for healthy groceries, and they even have healthy meat and seafood. We love saving money with wholesale prices on healthy groceries and products that get sent right to our home! Get an extra 25% OFF your first order when you sign up at Thrive Market HERE!
Sharing is caring! If this post has been helpful for you, please click HERE or on the image below to share it on Pinterest! Thanks!