Pumpkin baked oatmeal is one of our favorite fall (and year round) treats! I wish you could smell my house right now! Seriously, if only I could send you the smell of this deliciousness baking!!! It would send you right to your kitchen to whip this baby up, and it will fill your house and tummy with fall wonderousness.
Lol, I think I’m done making up words. But, for real, you need this easy, tasty Trim Healthy Mama E recipe in your life! It takes less time to put together than it does for the oven to preheat! Lol– am I the only one who races their oven while mixing up a recipe?
You can even double or triple this recipe, then freeze it in individuals portions for future easy meals!
And this recipe is seriously inexpensive! It highlights great, cheap ingredients like oats and pumpkin. You can also try it with unsweetened applesauce and apple pie spice for another tasty, inexpensive breakfast! To save money on THM, check out these 14 things that save my bacon (…so I can buy more bacon!).
The pumpkin in here works wonderfully to keep the recipe moist without adding extra fat. I love fall baking, since it’s easy to sub out the oil or fat in a recipe with pumpkin for a seasonal, low-fat recipe. It’s especially nice when you’re pregnant and craving all things pumpkin.
Ready for 5-Ingredient THM-Friendly Meals?
Want to make THM easier? This Slim & Speedy Menu has 3 days of 5-Ingredient Meals to help you fuel your body fast with slimming foods. (THM-friendly!)
Health Benefits of Pumpkin
As a holistic healthcare provider, I gotta take a minute and sing the praises of pumpkin!
Pumpkin, a cousin of the carrot family, is fantastic for your health! It’s chock-full of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. They’re also rich in vitamin A, which can be good for eyesight. The antioxidant beta carotene in pumpkins can also help to reduce the risk of cancer and wrinkles. The fiber can be beneficial for weight loss, so I’m pretty sure that makes pumpkin an all-around beauty food!
I love this baked oatmeal served warm and covered with a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk. My hubby calls it oatmeal cake (and he usually hates oatmeal but loves this stuff), and he prefers to eat it heated up and on a plate. My toddler will shove bites of it into her mouth cold or warm! Pretty sure that my way is the best, but I’d love to hear what you think!
So, hurry to your kitchen and whip up this delightful fall breakfast treat today!
Add Some Protein to Your Pumpkin Breakfast
There is some protein in oats, but you may want to add some extra protein to this breakfast to round things out.
My favorite is a scoop of THM collagen in my coffee. The THM collagen is my favorite– it’s the best one that I’ve found to actually dissolve in my drinks, and it’s the only one that has been making my varicose veins disappear!
This Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal is also delicious served cold with some stevia-sweetened vanilla Greek yogurt (think Oikos 000 or making your own) if your fall is more like ours in South Carolina and it’s 90 degrees by 9am.
Want more yummy, E pumpkin breakfast recipes? Check out this decadent Stuffed French Toast and follow the instructions to add the pumpkin. So rich that you won’t believe it’s an E!
This easy recipe tastes like fall and makes a great breakfast any time of the year!
- 1/2 cup sweetener (see Note below)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling!
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4-1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together sweetener, pumpkin, and egg whites. Add other ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased 8×8 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
For the sweetener, this recipe works great with 1/2 cup of THM Gentle Sweet or 1/4 cup of THM Sweetener (or Pyure). When at goal weight, I have also used 1/2 cup coconut sugar with great results (it also adds a yummy, brown-sugar type flavor).
Resources That I Love
…for a healthy body, soul, and budget:
- Stay On Plan with THM and Supercharge Your Weight Loss Goals- Staying on plan and losing weight just got a TON easier with this amazing health and wellness planner! As a holistic healthcare provider and 4 year THM vet, I’ve seen how my patients crush their health and weight loss goals when they have the right tools. Grab yours HERE!
- Walmart Grocery Pick Up– This makes my life soooo much easier! You place an order, they shop for you, and then they load it into your car when it’s time to pick it up. I save time not having to shop, I save money by not making impulse buys in the store, and it saves my sanity not loading up two small kiddos into a shopping cart. If you haven’t tried it yet, use this link to get $10 off your first order!
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
Wanna save this recipe for later? Click on the image below to Pin It for later!