Don’t mind cooking one meal a day, but need some quick-and-easy, grab-n-go, Drive Thru Sue Snacks throughout the day? Read on, Trim Healthy Mama friend!
If you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen but also don’t want to fall off the THM wagon, these simple and speedy Drive Thru Sue Snacks can come to the rescue.
Not sure if you’re a Drive Thru Sue? Check out all the details in the Trim Healthy Mama Plan Book.
We both know that you can always whip up a batch of BAM cake (first THM cookbook, E recipe) or Magic Salted Caramel Cupcakes (second THM cookbook, S recipe), but sometimes you just want a ready-made option that you can snag at the store.
This list of Drive Thru Sue Snacks includes prepared, real-food options (things that might even appeal to Purists) and packaged items that are THM approved.
At the bottom of this post is a special pep talk just for my Drive Thru Sue peeps. We’ve got this, Trim Healthy Mama friend!
Want even more tips and tricks to stay on plan now that we’re getting your snack house in order? Check out the world’s easiest THM Menu (that you can use week after week) and these amazing tips for staying on plan (my best tips after being on plan for 5 years).
New to THM? Check out my story of losing the baby weight in 4 months and this crash course for getting started!
Make Your Drive Thru Sue Snacks Even Easier
What’s easier than Drive Thru Sue snacks?
Not shopping for your Drive Thru Sue snacks!
Life is super busy these days with little kiddos, church activities/ministry, attempting to blog, and keeping up with family and friends.
So, I let someone else do the grocery shopping for me!
Every week, we schedule a Walmart grocery pick up order. You order your groceries online, and the prices are the same in the store as they are online. You pick the time, then drive to Walmart, and they load the groceries right into your car. So easy, and perfect for busy Drive Thru Sues!
Get $10 off your first Walmart pick up order here (and use it for some Bake Believe on plan chocolate chips!).
I also do a second weekly grocery order through InstaCart— and the groceries get delivered right to my door! Talk about saving time!
My Instacart shopper goes to Aldi for me (you can check the list and see which stores are available where you live; there’s tons of locations available but Aldi is the cheapest option for us).
I use the Ibotta app to get get cash back, and I place my Instacart order through Ibotta. My shopper goes to Aldi for me, and brings my Aldi order right to my door. Ibotta is offering a $10 bonus for signing up here!
My favorite DTS options from Aldi are sprouted bread, their version of Light Laughing Cow cheese (the garlic and herb is delicious), brown rice cakes, and their version of HaloTop ice cream.
Added bonus– save money on your grocery bill by avoiding impulse buys! Check these other 14 ways to save money on THM groceries!
Drive Thru Sue Snacks- Prepared, Real Food Items
Let’s do a happy dance for Drive Thru Sue Snacks! These are just real food options already prepped and ready to go.
Feel free to combine several of these options to make sure that they fill you up until your next meal.
- Deli Meat (E, S, or FP)
- Washed and prepackaged veggies (FP or E), can add ranch dressing if carb <2g (S)
- Celery with cream cheese and Everything But the Bagel seasoning (S)
- Cheese… cheese slices, deli sliced cheeses, cheese sticks (S or FP)
- Berries (S, E, or FP; add some protein too)
- Apple, banana, grapes, peach, etc- other grab and go fruit (E, add some protein)
- Hard boiled eggs (S)
- Nuts (S, and try prepacked nuts if you have a tough time with portion control; I’m raising my hand here)
- Turkey pepperoni (usually an S)
- Unsweetened applesauce (E, add some protein)
- Rotisserie chicken (S, E, or FP)
- Plain Greek yogurt (stir in a squirt of liquid stevia & vanilla extract , if you like it sweet, add ranch seasoning for a great veggie dip)
- Low fat cottage cheese (FP) on cucumbers or with fruit
- Little packages of petite pickles (dill, FP)
- Pickled okra (FP)
Drive Thru Sue Snacks- Packaged Food Items
Here’s a giant list of packed food items that are considered on-plan with THM.
Most of these are available on Amazon, so you can get them shipped right to your door (woohoo- stay on plan and save time!).
If you’re looking to save on THM foods, I often use Amazon gift cards earned free from Swagbucks to purchase a few of these Drive Thru Sue snacks.
Please be aware— some of these Drive Thru Sue Snacks are considered personal choice or “frankenfood” options.
These are not good options for Purists, and for some people, they can slow down weight loss. Please keep track of your progress and assess your own reaction.
Drive Thru Sue Snacks- Processed Foods
- Zevia- on plan, stevia-sweetened soda (FP)
- Bai drinks (FP)
- True Lemon packets (FP)
- Tostito’s Baked Chips (E) add protein and can have salsa
- Sprouted pretzels (E)
- Parmesan Crisps (S)
- Pork Rinds (S)
- Lily’s chips or chocolate (S)
- Flavored tuna pouches in lettuce cups or on Wasa crackers (FP or E)
- Oikos 000 yogurt (E or FP)
- Brown rice cakes (usually E)
- Wasa crackers (E or FP depending on serving)
- Slim Jim or Duke’s meat sticks (S)
- Joseph’s pitas or flatbread (FP, can toast and use as “chips” or top with cream cheese, sweetener, and cinnamon)
- Skinny Pop (E)
- Ezekiel bread, toasted with LLC cheese (E)
- Light Laughing Cow cheese (FP, usually an E on Wasa crackers or Joseph’s pita or sprouted toast)
- Flackers crackers with cheese (S)
- Freeze-dried raspberries or strawberries (FP or E, add protein)
- Lily’s has new peanut butter cups and chocolate covered peanuts (S, not on Amazon yet)
- Stoka Bars: an on-plan option for protein bars on the on go! (S- contains guar gum, which is okay in small amounts)
- Dole no-sugar mandarin oranges (E, add some protein)
- Quest bars (double check the ingredients– some have sucralose and are off plan)
- 85% Dark Chocolate and natural peanut butter (S)
- Oscar Meyer P3 Protein Packs (usually an S)
- Bare Baked Apple Snacks (E, add a lean protein)
Pep Talk for my Drive Thru Sues
Don’t let someone look down on your for your Drive Thru Sue snacks or Frankenfood options.
If a Frankenfood is the difference between staying on plan and ordering Chinese takeout on a Thursday night, pick the Progresso soup and Joseph’s pita!
I give you permission to do you. You be you, no matter what Sourdough Cindy may say.
Are there healthier alternatives out there? As an integrative medicine physician assistant, I gotta say yes. If you wanna have that talk with me (about avoiding toxins and putting the best stuff in you), I’d love to spill the beans (and even my shopping secrets for saving a ton of moola on organic groceries).
But, if I’ve learned anything in my 10+ years in medicine, it’s that healthy changes start right where you’re at.
Making one healthier choice after another, meal after meal, and day after day.
Don’t feel bad about these Frankenfoods or making food choices that are better for your schedule or sanity. And who knows– maybe one day you will have the time to crack open Serene’s Trimmie Bisque section and whip up your own little sour dough starter pet.
But for today, you do you. And this big ole list of Drive Thru Sue snacks is all packaged up and ready for the ride of your THM journey.
My Favorite THM-Friendly Resources
- Struggle to Stay On Plan?- Check out this easy way that I stay on plan with Trim Healthy Mama every day! I struggled to stay on plan for almost 3 years, and this easy thing changed everything!
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
- Get Healthy Foods for Less- Thrive Market is like the online Costco for healthy groceries, and they even have healthy meat and seafood! We love saving money with wholesale prices on healthy groceries and products that get sent right to our home! Get an extra 25% OFF your first order when you sign up at Thrive Market HERE!
Sharing is caring! If this post has been helpful for you, please click HERE or on the image below to share it on Pinterest! Thanks!