Did you ever go blueberry picking as a kid? I remember shoving as least as many giant, juicy berries into my mouth as I did into my pail. This delicious green tea, kefir, blueberry smoothie recipe is just like that but a little more grown up with the added bonuses of burning fat and trimming your waist! Win-win!
And if you’re a Trim Healthy Mama, you’re gonna especially love this because it’s one of those filling E recipes that fits easily into your menu.
This delightful blueberry smoothie recipe is so good and so incredibly good for you! In addition to being a trim healthy mama, I’m also an integrative medicine physician assistant, so I geek out about tasty and healthy recipes.
Join me for a minute, and check out all these health benefits…
Blueberry Smoothie Recipe Secrets For a Flat Belly
Kefir is one of the main ingredients in this blueberry smoothie recipe. It’s packed full of probiotics, which can be fundamental for good gut health.
Your small intestine is often called a “microbiome” (attractive, right?!), and even main stream medicine is starting to acknowledge the benefits of a well-balanced gut environment. Having the right bacteria in the right amounts in your gut can be incredible for your overall health. Some benefits include:
- Improved mood- 80% of your neurotransmitters (i.e., feel good hormones of serotonin, norepinephrine, etc) get their start in your gut
- Reduce bloating- Overgrowth of the wrong gut flora (especially yeast) can cause bloating. Leaky gut and food sensitivities can also cause bloating.
- Increased immunity- 80% of your immune system gets its start in your gut.
In particular, kefir is a cultured yogurt beverage with lots of live cultures that can be great for your gut. Cultured foods can bring in the good bacteria that your gut needs to thrive. It can also be influential in healing up leaky gut.
You can buy kefir at the store or start making your own organic kefir HERE!
Plus, collagen is amazing for connective tissues like healthy hair, strong nails, improving varicose veins, and better joints (can reduce pain and swelling).
The THM Collagen is one of my favs– it visibly reduced the appearance of my unsightly varicose veins in just one month of daily use! I get mine for free by using Amazon gift cards earned free from Swagbucks.
Burn Fat With This Blueberry Smoothie Recipe
Isn’t it amazing that something as simple as a little blueberry smoothie recipe can burn fat?!
Green tea is part of our fat burning powerhouse in this recipe. It’s full of catechins, which have been shown in medical studies to encourage weight loss and reduce body fat (especially abdominal adiposity, or belly fat- woot woot!).
You can use any green tea that you prefer in this recipe, but I recommend using this Yogi green tea for its additional fat-burning ingredients of Garcinia Cambogia Extract, ginseng, and hibiscus.
The Blueberry Slim Life tea also adds and extra flavor burst of blueberries that I love in this smoothie.
If you’re using the Blueberry Slim Life tea, use up to 1 cup of tea in the recipe below because the tea flavor is more subtle. If you’re using regular green tea (non-blueberry flavored), you may wish to use just 1/2 cup.
Burn the fat and flatten the belly with this delicious, slimming blueberry smoothie recipe! You’ll get lots of protein and healthy carbs with this THM E recipe.
- 0.75-1 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 0.5 cup low fat kefir
- 0.5-1 cup green tea
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 scoop collagen
- 2 doonks stevia
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Drink immediately.
If you’re using Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea, use up to one full cup of tea, steeped for 10-15 minutes. If you’re using plain green tea, use 1/2 cup steeped for 10 minutes. This recipe was created with the THM stevia; you can substitute the sweetener of your choice.
More Easy THM Resources
For even more fun stuff to keep you on plan, check out all my THM resources to keep you happily and easily on plan. There’s a giant list of easy E meals and speedy S ones, budget-friendly ideas, and a reusable one week menu tailored to you!
Resources That I Love
…for a healthy body, soul, and budget:
- Stay On Plan with THM and Supercharge Your Weight Loss Goals- Staying on plan and losing weight just got a TON easier with this amazing health and wellness planner! As a physician assistant and 4 year THM vet, I’ve seen how my patients crush their health and weight loss goals when they have the right tools. Grab yours HERE!
- Walmart Grocery Pick Up– This makes my life soooo much easier! You place an order, they shop for you, and then they load it into your car when it’s time to pick it up. I save time not having to shop, I save money by not making impulse buys in the store, and it saves my sanity not loading up two small kiddos into a shopping cart. If you haven’t tried it yet, use this link to get $10 off your first order!
- Save on Healthy Meat– ButcherBox is my new favorite way to buy antibiotic free, grass fed beef, pork, and chicken! It’s cheaper than I can get it in the local stores, and it comes right to my door! Use the code AP10 to get $10 off your first box and FREE nitrate-free bacon!!
Sharing is caring! Click on the image to Pin It for later!